Tuesday, February 21, 2006

 

Digigran to the rescue


In line with my plan ( see previous BLOG) . I got up yesterday and went to the village shop to begin a casual conversation about hens and poultry keeping in general, referring to any articles in newspapers about impending approach of Avian Flu, which are currently spread across most front pages. Edward was tied up outside to prevent any one running away at any hint of their complicity in the aviacides. But I was thwarted in this cunning little plan by the sudden imcapacity of the shop assistant, who, in turning to use the till, strained her back and became frozen in situ. This coincided with the morning rush for papers and the arrival of a documentary team, headed by an American, who were all staying in the village and looking for supplies for the cook!

Had to abaandon any hopes of a pleasant little detective foray in order to takeover at the till whilst the people we met at dinner the night before held fort in the back of the shop and helped the injured lady home.

Now, who said village life was dull! Cheered myself up last night, by watching first episode of Inspector Morse , The Dead of Jericho, to try to pick up tips on detective work. Not much help there though. Seemed a bit hit and miss. Have a character in the village who looks like Patrick Troughton but that's not really good enough, is it?

Will keep you posted. ( Ah, Ah - new meaning for old message)


Comments:
Gosh this is all very exciting and I am adding the poorly shop lady to my list of suspects as she tried to scupper your invesitgation.
Her sudden oncoming of back pains seemed to be linked to the conversation re hens.
IT is very exciting that the tv crew was there; I advise making sure you are on permanent camera alert and keep smiling and looking smart. You may be asked to work as a village extra. And I am not overlooking the idea that Edward may be of interest to the camera crew too.
Like research, detective woirk can seem messy Digigran and I please don't lose respect for Inspector Morse yet. God luck with the investigations.
 
P.S.
Soz re typos. I am carp at tryping.
 
I am snowed in in Winster.My Voyager BT router failed completely for six hours today. The camera crew think I am called Doreen- so something very strange is going on- but I won't list my theories-it's too soon.
Yur post made me really laugh. Thank you. I neede to as most of day spent completing stupid, wasteful and counter-productive ethical reviews!
 
Oh Digigran - of course it is you. How could I not have worked it out.
I want to live in a village and be snowed in!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?