Tuesday, February 14, 2006

 

Happy Days


Alexander is settling in well at nursery and though his mum is feeling very, very tired and has to get up at unearthly hours to get to her job, she seems well content with arrangements.


Parallel Realities Exhibition
See Blackburn


I think because he is so young he is getting lots of extra attention and cuddles and of course his mum gets to see him during the day too. He is not featured in this picture but I can assure you he is getting lovelier by the minute, I get updates on my mobile of him smiling. I am therefore saving up all my cuddles in one big hug for the next time we meet. I am a bit sad because I cannot visit him so often, but then this gives me more time to BLOG and actually get down to doing some work. Despite being part-time I find academic life as always all absorbing and have also planned a granny day out. I am off to Blackburn, braving Lancashire and a train change in Manchester to see this.

I braved our local railway station and got myself a SNR Railcard ( note the discrete use of abbreviation). It did take up an hour of my time but I got a first class ticket to London at peak time for £19!!!!!! and my trip to Blackburn cost £33 what larks, eh. Now here's a ruse for my much younger friends . The silly girl behind the screen did not look at the passport, driving licence or birth cert. I had with me but just stamped my form and gave me the card. It cost £20 and I reckon I have already saved £50. So leave off make-up, borrow grey wig and frumpy clothes like this and get a card! You too can join me on artytrips up North. Any tips Kate on local phrases to use, or customs to observe? Can't keep saying "EEH BY GUM!" now can I?

Also can ponder my wardrobe and wonder whether it was a shirt dress, Kate recommended or the shift dress (looks a bit fattening) suggested in the Guardian's fashion advice, she meant. Oh dear, so many choices.
Just checked out at Joolz's posting for today and realised I perhaps ought to give more attention to
Digidoc- so I'll be nipping off to Tesco's and god knows when I'll get t'marking done- again.

Comments:
hea ha so much of this post to make me laugh. I am enjoying your blog digigran ... am envious that you are going to Blackburn but know I cannot squueze in the time ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?