Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

Gone Skiing

No not this:








but this:






It's the mature citizen's equivalent of the time-out gap year- only it lasts longer and is called:
Spending
Kids
Inheritance

...in bite-sized chunks. We are off here:
Scene!

To see these:

And these:


Perhaps on return I will even be able to upload some lovely pictures of my own.

Until then, a little vignette for the ethnographers among you.

My first boyfriend, whom I admired and adored as he seemed older and much cleverer than me because he was at Queen's College, Oxford, studying Russian and I was well to the bad impressed, once said I looked like a marine iguana! I was enchanted because the name seemed so lovely, like a heroine from a late Shakespeare play.

I was in the sixth form at the time and reading this:

I imagined myself as the lovely Iguana marooned on a coral island with Fred as a beloved Ferdinand. But I wasn't sure what they were so I went and looked them up in Central Ref- no google then young Alexander - and was surprised.

No wonder it didn't last, that friendship. I think he shacked up with a nurse called Ethel, or Hilary, or some such name. So where are you now Michael (Fred) Cunningham? At last I get to see them for myself now and they may prove to be more lovely than they look.

Dr Kate - I'll keep my eyes peeled for paddles and other interesting artefacts.

Dr Joolzs - I will try harder with my photography.

Bye for now.


Comments:
Have a great time digigran, and don't FALL IN when you go near those turtles, and yes, I would love some paddle pictures.x
 
Dear Kate
Those are giant tortoises and live on the land- I'm going in the steps of Charles Darwin. Adios
 
OMG Iguana.
That is hysterical!!!! But what a horrible boy.
I hope Ethel is mean to him.
I want to Ski.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?