Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

So what is Motorhead?

Hi
Have lost the plot a bit with blogging the Edward stories. Fot those of you who haven't yet met him this is Edward.
Still intend to write stories for Alexander but have decided they are bit boring as a post- unlike Dr Kate's serialised Fieldnotes which are compulsive reading. Instead, will return to the life and its ennuies.

Visited digibaby yesterday unannounced; this is against the advice of more experienced grannies See but on this occasion it was OK. Was admitted only to to find that he had been left sleeping in the garage. His parents obviously are more enlightened than the d-in-law of my friend Jane. See post for 20/04/06.
Anyway, all were surprisingly happy to see me. Alexander soon woke up and was ready for play. He is amazingly active for a five month old and wants to bounce and sit up as you talk to him. I began to perform from my repertoire of songs suitable for little-ones, forgetting that his dad, once he got to an age when he could express an opinion, had begged me neverto sing to him again. It is a very sad truth that although I have a wonderful memory for lyrics of all kinds from The Marseillaise to Eleanor Rigby , but my ability to hold a tune for any more than a few seconds is minimal. I had given my best rendition of all the verses of The Wheels on the Bus and was a good way into I love little Pussy simultaneously stroking Leonard, the cat, when my son suggested Alexander might prefer arendition of Motorhead.
He then took the boy on his knee and they bounced up and down together, his dad making loud rhythmic noises and Alexander gurgling. This was Motorhead, I guessed. Something that up to now had passed over my head. SoI went to the Official Website and discovered that my grandson is being exposed to the loudest rock music on the planet! The iconography is a bit daunting too .
See this:


And:


A bit different from:

Reading through the group's history I realised thatwhen they began producing records in 1975 I had been busy tunelessly singing other kinds of songs to my sons. One went like this:


While riding in my limousine

What to my surprise

A little Bubble Car was following me

About one-third my size

The guy must have wanted to pass me out

As he kept on tooting his horn - beep beep!

I'll show him that a limousine

Is not a car to scorn.

Beep,Beep,Beep, Beep,

His horn went beep,beep,beep.

Full version here.

On refelection though, I see the principle behind each of our choices is much the same. -lots of action and exciting noises. I remained a bit unsure about the skulls.

Of course this time I heeded my Good Granny's Guide and said nothing.


Comments:
THis is v. good. To have a Motorhead loving grandson!
I think you should start an advice column for Grannies and they could write in.
Here's one problem - what happens when one Granny is perfect (endless presents etc) and the other not?
What do granny rivals do?
Fight it out?
Advice please.
 
Grannies should not fight but declare grey pound solidarity. I think that one granny (best would be the one who is not perfect) should be told to try to make friends with other granny so that they can decide how best to help grandchild over a good cup of coffee. Best solution would be if they decided to have regular shopping trips together and nice little lunches as provided by Ruffield's Nonnas. Thus they could spend all their money on themselves, choose red hats and purple gloves and eat lots of delicious pasta.
What do you think?
PSSS Wish some grannies would write in. Some have told me that they do read the BLOG but are too shy to contribute themselves - so disappointing
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?